Tuesday, October 2, 2007

After I Watched Journeyman

Imagine if you went back in time ten years, or fifteen. It depends on your age I guess. Imagine you went back in time to a time when your life was doing something important. Like you were about to turn down a job offer or you were going to spell a word wrong in a spelling bee. Now what if you weren't able to affect your old life, because you were too far away, or didn't know where you were? You can help other people but not yourself.

Of course as you walk around you would notice that everything is the same as when you were younger, but you would notice it all, more than you did the first time around. It's hard to describe it all with my limited vocabulary.

But then I realized that it could happen ten years from now. I could come back to today. That means that my future self could already be out there trying to change my life, when I am sitting here trying to live it. I realized that if we change it the first time, everything will be how it is supposed to be. If we don't change it the first time, everything will be how it is supposed to be. Seems like there is some great revelation behind these words that I'm not getting to...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i already commented in the chat box. but still. good job. i really like it. dang.